13 July 2016

Meet your instructors!

Most of you, our campers-to-be, have done introductions of yourselves in our Facebook group. We are glad to see how enthusiastic and active you are. However, you probably don't know too much about us, your instructors, so we decided to do small introductions, too!


Here we are planning our camp programme.

Heini


Hi there! My name is Heini and I'm probably a bit older than you think.  I'm a Bachelor of Culture and Arts - Crafts and Recreation. I love culture: music, drama, visual arts, food, gardening, crafts… you name it! Most of all I love traveling and getting to know foreign cultures and people around the world. 
I work as a workshop instructor with multi-problem youth. I train those youth in danger to marginalization life skills and crafts. My work is basically helping people and so is my hobby, Lions. I've been a lion for 10 years now and I've done many things as a lion. I've been working with Lions Youth Exchange over three years now. I started as a program manager at the Lions camp which was held in same place as the SISU camp.
I wish that we'll have a wonderful camp together!

Pilvi

Hello! My name is Pilvi, I'm 20 years old and I'm starting my studies at University this autumn. I will be a handicraft teacher. I'm very musical, I love singing and I've been playing violin for many years but past few years I've been focusing on singing instead. On my free time I obviously listen to music and I like to spend my time at the horse stables, I've been riding over ten years. I also love photographing, most of all using an old camera with black and white film.

I was in Austria a couple of summers ago on a camp like this, as a youth exchangee. I really liked the experience and I bonded with wonderful people around the world. We even had a little reunion last summer in Germany! That's the main reason why I'm organizing this camp, I want you all to have the same experience as I had.


Riina

Hello! I’m Riina and I'm 19 years old. I just graduated from high school and I’m going to start studying English at the University of Turku this fall. I can speak Finnish, English and Swedish, somewhat understand German and know a tiny bit of Japanese, Thai and Korean. My days go by reading, writing, drawing, watching dramas/tv series and listening to K-pop. I’m very interested in cultures and languages, especially Asian ones, and I sometimes spend hours researching different aspects of them. I’m really excited to hear what you all have to tell about your home countries all over the world! I was a Lions youth exchangee in Japan in 2014. I spent three weeks with my host family in Shiojiri, 10 days in a camp travelling through Tokyo, Mt. Fuji and Kyoto and a small 3-day camp in Nagoya. It was definitely the best experience I’ve ever had, so I decided to apply for the place of a camp instructor. Now here I am, doing my very best with all other instructors to create the perfect exchange experience for you! Let’s spend a great summer together!

Satu

Hi everyone! My name is Satu and I’m 22 years old. I’m studying English at the University of Turku and I just finished my second year. I’m really passionate about languages and I’m currently speaking (more or less) Finnish, English, Swedish, Spanish and Italian. My other interests in life are sports, music and travelling. I came across with the Lions organization first time in 2012 when I participated in the youth exchange.  I spent a couple of weeks in a host family in North Dakota USA and over a week in a camp in South Dakota. Though I enjoyed my time in the host family, the camp was definitely the best part of the trip! One year later, in 2013, I was a camp instructor here in Finland in the very same camp that you’ll be enjoying in few weeks. The last camp was a success and I have no doubt that this year’s camp will be any different! We have planned great things for you and we are determined to create an experience that you’ll never forget! Can’t wait to meet you all! :)


Anniina

Hi! I'm Anniina, an 18-year-old girl from a small village called Piikkiƶ. I just graduated from senior high school and after this summer I will pack my bags but I'm still not sure if I'm going to be an au pair in Germany or a university student in Sweden. I love music, sometimes play the guitar, sail and I'm a hard-boiled scout.
I was in New Zealand as a Lions exchangee for a month last summer. They didn't have a camp there so I'm really looking forward to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment